8 – 10 October – Live online Webinar: Register before the 3rd October – LAST CALL
Need training in Sustainable Solid Waste Management?
This is, literally, a growing global issue and more and more people will need to acquire skills to combat waste. Recent estimates put global waste production from cities alone at 1.5 billion tons, and project an increase to 2.3 billion tons by 2025 – this is a problem that’s only going to get worse. It’s vital we educate people to deal with all the related issues and impact of global waste.
About the Training
Training fee: $350
Training Period: 3 full days
Where: Live online – you can attend from anywhere
What will the training cover
During the training you will learn about:
- how to assess local conditions and needs
- what solutions to choose to solve identified waste problems
- most important elements of integrated sustainable waste management.
- the main phases of a solid waste system.
- the actors involved, the main phases of a solid waste system.
- the enabling environment conditioning waste management and the main drivers steering solid waste policy development.
Want to deliver compelling workshops that make an impact? The training will demonstrate the most advanced tools and techniques available in solid waste management, and will instruct you on how to employ them in participatory interventions with local stakeholders, especially during decision making processes related to solid waste management.
Click here to see the agenda
Key Benefits of Waste Management Training
- Increase understanding of the wide range of environmental, health and social issues related to waste disposal and management.
- Understand the skills required to prevent pollution and to transform waste back into wealth and place that wealth at the service of the community.
- Identify practical, integrated and sustainable solutions for waste management and pass these onto NGOs in the sector.
- Understand how to transfer knowledge to others – a direct benefit of this training.
About the Trainer
Jeroen IJgosse is an urban planner, urban environmental specialist and planning process facilitator, with 24 years of professional activity in waste management and sustainable sanitation in Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe. He holds a MSc International Development Technology Sciences; Urban Planning for Developing Economies, from the University of Technology of Eindhoven, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
During his professional career, he has worked within the international development sector, 20 years working and living permanently in 5 Latin American countries (incl. Brazil, Peru and Costa Rica), through long term assignments in countries including India, Egypt, Nicaragua, Belize and Colombia, and short-term assignments including Mozambique, Nepal, El Salvador, Surinam. He has worked with a broad range of stakeholders at national and international level, on waste related projects funded by EU, Worldbank, IADB, KfW, GiZ, DGIS, US-AID, DFID, UN-Habitat and other international donors.
Sign up now! We look forward to welcoming you to our Waste Management Training programme and to help others combat this global issue. Click here to register or contact firstname.lastname@example.org