Self-learning through live online training
The ease of self-learning through live online training
Today, a skilled workforce is an organisation’s greatest asset. This means that it is in the best interests of every business to regularly upskill their staff. There are no shortages of advanced courses, night classes and workshops that specialise in almost any topic you can think of.
But the demands of career, personal commitments and healthy living means that few professionals have the time or inclination to open a text book at the end of a long day, or to attend hours of lectures in their few precious hours of downtime. So how does one solve the adult learning conundrum?
Webinars and online learning: the quicker and more effective way to study
While it is true that several avenues exist for self-learning, it is also true that many of them are impractical for employed individuals. Most people don’t have the flexibility to invest hours of each day, or each week, in their studies. And organisations find it difficult to allow employees the time off they would need to attend courses and workshops while trying to balance an already full workload.
Self-learning requires organisation, co-ordination and drive. Even professionals with the best intentions to study are hindered by tiredness or the general demands of day-to-day life and an ever-growing to-do list.
That’s where live online learning and webinars come in. No longer are people left to their own devices to find the time (and willpower) to study after a long day. Webinars are scheduled, and because they involve an actual person explaining topics (rather than a one-dimensional piece of paper), they are engaging and interesting.
In fact, it’s been found that people learn up to five times more information when they study online compared to when they study in a classroom. And if that wasn’t enough to convince you, you may be interested to know that at Fortune 500 companies, nearly 74% of technology-delivered training comes from online methods.
You can read more about the power of online learning here.
5 Benefits of online and webinar-based learning
- No travelling. Traffic, transportation costs and wasted time are serious factors to consider when it comes to learning. Webinars cut out all of this and make it possible for people to study anywhere, at any time. All you need is an internet connection and a device to watch on.
- Retention is improved. Unlike textbooks and even some classroom based learning, webinars are highly engaging. They may include helpful videos, special effects, text chats and more, all of which makes them interesting to watch. Live webinars simulate real classroom environments, where learners can engage, interact, undertake practical learning and much more – All of which can help to improve knowledge retention.
- Cost-effective. Without the expense of travel, certain materials and time away from work, webinars and online learning are often much more cost-effective than traditional classroom based learning.
- Learning time may be significantly reduced. With online learning and webinars, the information is presented and condensed into a set amount of time. In live online classrooms, learners are guided through the information instead of being left to their own devices. This means that learning happens in a quicker, more structured way. It is ideal for professionals and those without a lot of time on their hands.
- It is effective. If you want to upskill yourself, or you want your employees to learn something specific, this is the quickest, most accessible way to do it. Start at any time, do it anywhere, and benefit from guided learning.
Maximpact offers live online webinar training at your desk – anywhere in the world
If you need to upskill your staff effectively, there’s no better place to start than Maximpact. A combination of innovative online training courses and expertise in over 200 sectors means we can help build personal or organisational capacity in a wide range of specialist areas.
Live training presented by qualified instructors and field experts, means that self-study time is cut down, and training is accomplished much faster. Moreover, because we base our training on an ethos of ‘learning by doing’, theoretical concepts are effectively cemented through practical training.
Some of the areas we specialise in include:
- Online training for individuals and organisations across a wide range of sectors, including waste and water management, sanitation and hygiene in emergency situations, and fundraising for NGOs.
- Fast track to employment for refugees and migrants, which bridges the gap between employers and refugees and migrants.
- Capacity building and training, delivered on-site or online to individuals and organisations in agriculture, aquaculture, sustainable energy, and water and waste management.
If you want results, it’s time to give live online learning a try. Get in touch with Maximpact now via firstname.lastname@example.org to find the right online live learning solution for you or your organisation.